Coronavirus: Walnut Creek Schools Postpone Events
Field trips and school assemblies will be postponed, but schools remain open.
WALNUT CREEK, CA — Schools in the Walnut Creek School District will remain open as the community attempts to slow the spread of the new coronavirus, but all nonessential gatherings will be postponed for the next two weeks including field trips and school assemblies, Walnut Creek School District Superintendent Marie Morgan said in a message to the community.
The district has already emphasized to families the importance of students and staff members staying 五福彩票6688下载 when they feel sick, and they should remain at 五福彩票6688下载 until a fever has been gone for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medicines.
The district will excuse absences due to illness without a doctor's note during the coronavirus pandemic so that the healthcare system is not overwhelmed.
On Tuesday, the Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors to protect the community from novel coronavirus (COVID-19)," CCHS Spokesman Karl Fischer said Tuesday. "The updated guidance includes specific actions recommended for people at high risk of severe disease, community gatherings, businesses and employers, schools, public transit and the general public."
Don't miss local and statewide news about coronavirus updates, developments and precautions. Sign up for Patch alerts and daily newsletters.
— Patch editors Bea Karnes and Maggie Fusek contributed to this story
- Coronavirus: Grand Princess Passengers Continue To Leave Ship
- Coronavirus: CSU-East Bay Cancels Classes
- Coronavirus In Alameda County: 3rd Case Confirmed
- Coronavirus In Contra Costa County: Emergency Declared
- Coronavirus: All Catholic Schools Closed In 3 Bay Area Counties
- CA: State Of Emergency Declared Amid Coronavirus Death, Outbreak
- Dublin Cancels St. Patrick's Day Weekend Celebration